Friday, October 22, 2010

falling behind...days 14-22

Day 14- When Things Fall Apart, Pema Chodron. I love self-help books, this is one of my favorites.

Day-15- I love, love my home. I love my kitchen! I love cooking! Cooking is one of my favorite creative interests!

Day16- Cowgirls Don't Cry. Brooks and Dunn. A classic country song. I do love country, not all of it. But, the classics are great.

Day17- William Matthews. Moving Bulls. My favorite thing about the piece is the color blue. that color he captured is my favorite color! I also love the composition and the subject, well, you may know by now my love of horses!


Day18- My wedding. I loved my wedding. I was sooo young! So Hopeful and so excited to be marrying my best friend and greatest love. He is a strong man, good values, friendly, happy, genuine. I loved my wedding, though, if I got married now, it would be outside in the mountains during the late summer under a gorgeous sky, not inside a beautiful church, my mom and family wanted that!

Day19- I can ride horses. Cutting horses. Cutting is when you cut a cow away from the herd and keep the cow separated from the herd. You are judged on the time and run, and how good your look doing it. I am always striving to do better. And, really it's my horses talent. I guess my talent would be listening to my horse and seeing what she needs from me.

Day20- I love to knit, knitting is good hobby.

Day21- Chicken enchiladas

I do not use recipes. It drives many of the people close to me crazy! But, I taste things as I go and add spices, seasoning, ingredients as I taste.

one roasted or boiled chicken.
tear chicken apart into chunks.
brown onion in butter or olive oil or oilve oil/butter for taste.
add chicken
add enchilada sauce- canned or from scratch, scratch tastes way better.
build enchilada casserole in a medium sized dish, sauce on the bottom, cheese, chicken/sauce mix, then corn tortilla, then add chicken/sauce and cheese. top with cheese.

Add as many layers as you want, add any cooked (steamed) veggie, carrots, squash, peppers, onion...could go vegetarian or not...

Add chips, olives, lettuce, tomato, avos...

Day22-
www.dailycoyote.net I loved going to this site after my loss because I felt better reading it. It reminded me that life goes on and life happens no matter what is going on.It helped me to see that life is here and now. I am trying so hard not to focus on my grief every minute of every day,and the daily coyote provided a glimpse into a world that was not that different from mine but it reminded me that life goes on...so hard to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment